It is possible to block your SIM card after you have lost or stolen your phone. We understand how terrible it is to know that someone has discovered it – it has happened to us as well.
It becomes worse than them looking at images of your significant other, family, or dogs, which is terrifying in and of itself. That individual or group of persons is now free to make calls, including international calls, access the Internet, send SMS messages, sign you up for different services, and… let’s not go there.
What important is that you need to discover how to block SIM card as soon as possible. Keep reading to know how to block lost sim cards.
Have you dropped your Airtel SIM or a smartphone containing an Airtel SIM? The good news is that you may quickly disable your lost SIM card and obtain a new SIM card with the same number.
You’ve come to the right site if you’re wondering how to do so. In this section, we will outline all of the actions required to block an Airtel SIM and obtain a new SIM.
In the event of a lost or stolen Airtel SIM, it is important to know how to block airtel sim cards online. The only way to block the SIM is to phone the customer service number. Users can also go to their local Airtel customer service center and have the old SIM blocked when picking up a new SIM.
The methods to deactivate an Airtel prepaid or postpaid SIM card and obtain a fresh duplicate SIM card are described below. Learn how to block airtel sim cards online.
Customers may contact a specific number to have their Airtel SIM banned, according to the telecom company’s official website. The procedures for locking your lost Airtel SIM by contacting an Airtel number are shown below.
- Keep a record of recently dialed numbers, the last recharge amount, and the address or ID evidence connected with the missing SIM.
- Dial 121 or 9849098490 and push the call button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the above-mentioned information.
- Your Airtel SIM will be deactivated once validated.
You may still block your lost Airtel SIM if you don’t have access to an Airtel number. You can use a non-Airtel number to complete the procedures below.
- Launch your smartphone’s dialer.
- Dial 1800-103-4444 (toll-free) and hit the call button.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm recently dialed numbers, the last recharge amount, and your address or ID proof.
- Check the above information on the phone.
- Your dormant Airtel SIM card has now been deactivated.
If you’ve ever lost a phone with your BSNL SIM in it and it was your primary phone number, you know how tough it can be. Because your cellphone number is both your connection to everyone and your financial instrument, losing it is quite dangerous.
While carriers such as Vi and Jio have simple mechanisms in place for disabling a missing or stolen SIM, BSNL has a different mechanism for blocking a sim card.
Unfortunately, BSNL does not currently provide an online SIM barring service. However, you may still disable your SIM card by email. To get your BSNL SIM banned through email, follow the procedures below.
- Open your email and send an email to email@example.com.
- Enter the following in the subject line: Block My BSNL SIM card
- In the email body, explain why you want to disable your BSNL SIM.
- Also, provide your name, date of birth, address, last call, and recharge information.
- Attach a file of any relevant documentation as confirmation that you possess the SIM.
- Send the email to the company.
- Please wait for an update.
When it comes to BSNL, there is a simple way to get your SIM blocked. To get your SIM disabled, simply contact the customer service number and answer a few verification questions. The steps are outlined below.
- On your device, launch the Phone app.
- Dial 1503 if you’re on the BSNL network.
- Dial 1800 345 1500 if you’re on a non-BSNL network.
- Follow the prompts and dial the right number to speak with a customer service representative.
- Request that the missing BSNL SIM be blocked.
- Name, date of birth, address, last five phone calls, and additional information as requested
- Your BSNL SIM card has now been disabled.
If you have lost your SIM card, you will almost certainly need to disable your Jio SIM card. It is really simple to block your Jio SIM card number online. You only need to follow the procedures below to do this:
- Simply dial 199 to reach Jio customer service.
- After that, request that a Jio customer service representative disable your SIM card.
- They will inquire about your details for verification.
- Your Jio SIM number will be terminated after all of the information has been validated.
- These are the basic procedures you must do in order to disable your Jio SIM card online.
It is not only simple to block a lost Vodafone Idea SIM, but you can also obtain a new SIM with the same number. Users may either contact customer service or go to the local Vi shop to have the old number disabled and pick up a new SIM card with the same number. Here are the techniques for blocking a lost Vi SIM card.
This is the simplest trick to block your Vi SIM from your home. You will, however, require the other mobile number or email address associated with your Vi number. To ban Vi SIM online, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Refer to the official Vi SIM blocking website.
- Enter your number to be blocked.
- Select the Get OTP to Block SIM option.
- The OTP will be delivered to the secondary cellphone number or email address supplied during the purchase of the Vi SIM.
- Enter the four-digit OTP here.
- Click the Confirm button to confirm that your Vi number has been banned.
Knowing how to block a sim card after losing your phone is a very important thing. When you know how to block a lost sim card, you can easily save your sim card from being misused.
You can also get a new sim card with the same number if you lose your sim card by chance.