YouTube is the most popular video hosting website. However, there are cases where some users want to delete their own YouTube channel, be it for personal reasons or otherwise.
The reasons for deleting a YouTube channel can be many, some examples are:
- The user does not use YouTube anymore.
- The user has multiple channels and wants to simplify them.
- The user does not agree with some policies of YouTube.
- The user is being scammed by someone pretending to be a Youtuber.
Realizing all these possibilities, Google has created a button on the account settings page to delete the YouTube channels. One can go to their account, then click the ‘Delete Channel’ button at the bottom of the list.
How To Delete YouTube Channel on YouTube Official App
The easiest way to get rid of your YouTube channel is by logging in and going straight there.
Then, click on the ‘Creator Settings’ tab from within Creator Studio (the official app).
From here you can locate Advanced Settings and clicking it will take you to the page where you can delete your YouTube channel.
If for some reason, you have multiple channels under one Google account, then you will not be able to delete your YouTube channel from this page.
In order to delete your YouTube Channel, the account must have a verified email address and it has to be older than 60 days.
To delete a YouTube channel, you will need to click Delete your entire channel and all its videos from the bottom of the page:
You will then be asked if you want to continue with deleting your entire channel and all its videos, which is what we had wanted to do in the first place:
You will then receive another confirmation message and it will ask you to sign in again. Once you have clicked on the Delete channel and you do not need to sign in again:
Once you have clicked the message “You’re all set!”, your YouTube channel will be completely deleted.
YouTube channel deletion is completely irreversible. All the videos that you once added will be gone and your personal information including comments, favorites, subscriptions will no longer exist as well.
Please note that sharing buttons and monetization features will be disabled once your channel is deleted. In order to reinstate these features, you will have to create a new YouTube channel.
Note that videos cannot be deleted if they have more than 200 views or 10 likes.
How To Delete YouTube Accounts
If you have multiple YouTube accounts under one Google account, here’s what you can do:
1. Go to the Google account page and sign in.
2. In Creator Studio, log in to your account, click the upper-left menu and select Channel management.
3. Navigate to the YouTube channel you want to delete and select Delete channel. When prompted, click Continue.
4. You will see a pop-up box that will ask you to confirm the deletion of your YouTube channel. Click Continue again.
5. If there are any problems with your YouTube account, you will receive a message from YouTube.
6. If you have multiple YouTube channels under the same account, repeat steps 1-5 for each channel.
7. If the problem was fixed, you will see a “Success” message.
8. Your YouTube channel is now deleted.
How To Delete YouTube Channel on Pc
To delete the YouTube channel on pc, you need to log in to your Google account. Go to the My channels tab and locate the channel that you want to delete. Note that the channel must be linked to your Google account and it has to have been active for at least sixty days.
The next step is to click on the Delete my channel link in order to delete your YouTube channel.
As soon as you press this button, all the videos on your YouTube channel will be removed and you won’t be able to get them back.
This is the final step of deleting your YouTube channel forever.
Step 1: Log in to your YouTube channel.
Step 2: Click the drop-down arrow next to the ‘upload’ button, then select ‘My Channel’.
Step 3: Click ‘Account’, then click ‘Delete channel’. That’s it!
Note: Some users might not find the Delete Channel button on the Account Settings page. In such cases, they can contact YouTube representatives to delete their channel.
How To Delete a YouTube Channel On iPhone?
First of all, you need to sign in to your YouTube account on your iPhone.
And then open the app and click YouTube on the top left of the screen. Now click on your name on the top right of the screen and finally click the channel in which you want to delete the channel then delete it.
If you really want to delete your YouTube channel, you must know about the fact that deleting a YouTube channel does not mean that the videos will be removed from the search results page immediately.
They will remain on the search result page for 30 days, after which they will be removed.
Guidelines To Delete YouTube Channel
However, there are some guidelines that have to be met before deleting YouTube channel:
1) The user has to be logged in and must have already uploaded videos before he/she gets an option to delete the channel.
2) The user cannot use the same Google account if they want to create a new YouTube channel later or reuse an old one.
3) There is no way to bring back the deleted channel.
4) In order to delete the YouTube channel completely, all the videos have to be removed manually through a computer instead of using the web version of YouTube.
5) A video cannot be deleted if it has more than 200 views or 10 likes. However, deleting the YouTube channel does not mean that the user is restricted from uploading videos in the future.
6) Users cannot delete the channel which has already been linked to their AdSense account, however, it can be unlinked.
7) Users cannot delete a YouTube channel that they have joined by invitation from another user if there are more than 2 users standing as admins for that channel.
Deleting a YouTube Channel: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can a deleted YouTube channel be restored?
A: Once the channel is deleted, there is no way to bring it back.
Q: If a YouTube channel is deleted, will all its videos also be removed?
A: If the user wants to delete their YouTube channel completely, they must remove all videos manually through a computer instead of using the web version of YouTube.
Q: If a YouTube channel is deleted, will it still appear in the search results?
A: Yes, deleting a YouTube channel does not mean that the videos will be removed from the search results page immediately. They will remain on the search result page for 30 days, after which they will be removed.
In this article we have covered everything there is to know about How to delete youtube channel account under five minutes in 2022.
We hope you have found this article useful. Thank you for reading!
Read More : What Is Call Barring & How to Use It?